Gunsport of Colorado | Class 3 FFL Dealer | 1707 14th St, Boulder, Colorado 80302 | 303.938.1396
Shoot Indoors Advanced Bowling Pin Match 6-8pm Oct 23rd, 2018
Advanced Bowling Pin Match IRON SIGHTS ONLY NO OPTICS!
Starting on Tuesday, October 23, 2018
How the Advanced IRON SIGHTS ONLY Bowling Pin Match works:
Please note the Advanced Shoot VS the normal shoot differences: Iron sights are the only sights permitted. No Optics allowed. You can only shoot 4 pins or 5 pins. “3 pins will not be an option for the Advance Pin Shoot” and last but not least we hope you have been practicing your reloads and have plenty of mags as the whole shoot will only allow the same amount of cartridges as pins to shoot in each mag. So, if you are a 5-pin shooter your mags will only have 5 rounds in each 20 rounds total. The same goes for 4-pin shooters… only 4 rounds in each mag 16 rounds total. In the semi finals the total amount of cartridges will be cut in half and everyone will shoot at 5 pins… 10 rounds total 5 in each magazine 2 magazines total.
Our Advanced Bowling Pin match is a bracketed head-to-head double elimination shooting Drag Race! There will be 2 brackets a Winners bracket and a Losers Bracket with the main bracket consisting of around 24 shooters. Skill levels of the shooters will have been determined prior to the match, and each participant will be given a “Shooter Number” indicating their experience level and the number of pins they will be given to shoot during their assigned bracket. 5 = Experienced Shooter (5 pins front of table). 4 = Intermediate Shooter (4 pins middle of table).
Pins are set on tables 7 yards from the firing line and the head-to-head match-up begins with an audible start. Shooters are required to wait at the firing line in the “High Ready or Low Ready” shooting position with their firearm safely pointed down range, safety on, and trigger finger outside the trigger guard until the start is signaled. The competitor that knocks all their pins completely off the table first wins the bracket. IRON SIGHTS ONLY optics are NOT allowed for the advanced pin shoot. The winner moves to the winner’s bracket and the loser moves to the loser’s bracket, so you have to lose two times before you are eliminated.
Prizes will be given to 1st 2nd and 3rd place after each event.
You will need a Benadryl after this event, because your trigger finger will be itching for more!!
What you’ll need to bring:
- A Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver of your choice. Caliber must be 9mm or greater for semi-automatics and .38 special or greater for revolvers
- Magazines or speed loaders: We only allow 20 rounds for 5 pin shooters and 16 rounds for 4 pin shooters total per head to head competition. We only allow same number of rounds as pins to shooter per magazine per head to head competition. So, you have MUST HAVE 4 MAGAZINES FOR THIS COMPETITION if you want the maximum amount of ammo you can have. We do not allow shooters to load magazines or speed-loaders at the firing line during competition, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.
- 100 – 150 rounds. Higher velocity ammunition will help knock the bowling pins off the table. Hollow Point ammunition will be more effective than “ball” or FMJ.
If you reload, please read and follow your reloading manuals, and do not exceed SAAMI pressure guidelines!
- Hearing protection: Ear plugs and/or ear muffs. Hearing protection must be worn 100% of the time in the range. If you need Eyes or Ears, we have a nice selection in our retail area available for purchase.
- Holster or gun case: We require firearms to be brought to the line unloaded, and either holstered or in a gun case. We strongly recommend traditional hip holsters. Cross-draw, small of the back, ankle holsters, and shoulder holsters are not permitted, as they make it very easy to “sweep” (point your gun at) other competitors or the Range Safety Officers. Inside the pants holsters are strongly discouraged, as they slow down the re-holstering process.